Teacher Training 2021
ElemenTree Yoga School Objectives:
1. You will develop and/or expand your personal yoga practice. This may include; asana, pranayama, mantra, and meditation.
2. You will gain the knowledge to skillfully teach a creative and safe yoga class (sequence) using lecture, demonstration, observation and correction.
3. You will have a deep understanding of alignment in the postures, so as to modify and adjust classes to accommodate a wide variety of students.
4. You will develop a deeper understanding of the philosophical and/or spiritual side of yoga; to include the energetic body, mantra and meditation.
5. You will develop an understanding of the importance of the connection of breath with movement and how and when to use props in the classroom and in your personal practice.
Training is one weekend a month for 10 months.
Some months will have additional meeting times to practice teaching yoga. We will meet the following weekends:
January 10 11 am - 2pm Meet and Greet with lunch
January 22 5:30 to 8:30 pm
Jan 23, 24 9 am to 5 pm with a 30-minute lunch break
February 26, 27, 28 (Hours will be the same as above)
March 12, 13, 14
April 16, 17, 18
May 14, 15, 16
June 11, 12, 13,
June 26 or 27 for a 2 hour block to practice teaching. This will be discussed more as we get started.
July 9, 10, 11
July 17 or 18 for a 2 hour block to practice teaching.
August 27, 28, 29
September 10, 11, 12,
October 15, 16, 17 Celebration and graduation!
Investment in your self-growth:
Our teacher-training program costs $2600 if you pay in full by Jan 22.
If you would like to make monthly or quarterly payments the cost is $2800. Last payment to be made by October 15, 2021.
Maximum class size: Ten students
The deadline to register is January 4, 2021!!! We do have limited space so register soon. You are welcome to call or e-mail us if you have questions.