Teacher Training 2022
We are so excited to announce that we will offer a 300 hour training in 2022 as well. This program will start in April. More info to come.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
ElemenTree Yoga School Objectives:
1. You will develop and/or expand your personal yoga practice. This may include; asana, pranayama, mantra, and meditation.
2. You will gain the knowledge to skillfully teach a creative and safe yoga class (sequence) using lecture, demonstration, observation and correction.
3. You will have a deep understanding of alignment in the postures, so as to modify and adjust classes to accommodate a wide variety of students.
4. You will develop a deeper understanding of the philosophical and/or spiritual side of yoga; to include the energetic body, mantra and meditation.
5. You will develop an understanding of the importance of the connection of breath with movement and how and when to use props in the classroom and in your personal practice.
This training includes an in depth look at the asana (poses) and how to safely teach them to a wide variety of students, even pregnant students. We will discuss philosophy such as the Yamas and Niyamas, the Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita. You will have a better understanding of anatomy, chakras, mantra, mudra, meditation, and pranayama.
Training is one weekend a month for 10 months.
Some months will have additional meeting times to practice teaching yoga. We will meet the following weekends:
January 9 11 am - 4 pm Meet and Greet with lunch
January 14 5:30 to 8:30 pm
Jan 15, 16 9 am to 5 pm with a 30-minute lunch break
February 4, 5, 6 (Hours will be the same as above)
March 4, 5, 6
April 8, 9, 10
May 6 and 7 (we will take Mother's Day off)
June 5 11 am to 1 pm Practice Teaching
June 10, 11, 12
June 18 11 am to 1 pm Practice Teaching
July 8, 9, 10
July 16 or 17 for a 2 hour block to practice teaching
August 12, 13, 14
August 27 or 28 Teach a free class to the public
September 9, 10, 11
September 17 or 18 Teach a free class to the public
October 7, 8, 9 Celebration and graduation!
Investment in your self-growth:
Our teacher-training program costs $2800 if you pay in full by Jan 14, 2022.
If you would like to make monthly or quarterly payments the cost is $3000. Last payment to be made by October 16, 2022.
Maximum class size: 10 students
The deadline to register for the 200 hour training is January 7, 2022!!!
We do have limited space so register soon. You are welcome to call or e-mail us if you have questions, and you must fill out an application to join this program.